I TOLD SUNSET ABOUT YOU | By Chelsea Maya Johnson
NEW NOVEL: CHAPTER 1 - ECHOES OF AGONY | By Chelsea Maya Victory Johnson
Some stories you write because they won’t let you sleep.
Today I’m announcing my *NEW NOVEL*.
And I’m starting it the only way I know how — with the truth.
*CHAPTER ONE: ECHOES OF AGONY*
_By Chelsea Maya Victory Johnson_
That night, Melody's mother went mad.
He was eight.
His little brother Mitchell had just turned one - still crawling, still crying, still needing bottles Melody barely knew how to mix.
His father was miles away, offshore, chasing oil and money and time. So it was just them.
Melody had only gone to pee.
He remembered the coldness of the floor under his bare feet. He remembered yawning, groggy, still half-asleep, wondering what time it was. The baby had slept early. Mama had prayed by his crib like she always did. Everything had been normal.
Until Melody heard the scream.
It wasn't loud - not like someone being stabbed, or attacked. No. It was broken, soft, almost like someone had screamed into a pillow. But it was sharp enough to wake something inside him.
Then the baby started crying.
[Continue with the full chapter... ending with:]
`And outside... the night didn't care.`
`It just kept going.`
---
*ABOUT THIS NOVEL:*
This is the story of Melody.
An 8-year-old boy who became a father in one night.
Left to raise his 1-year-old brother Mitchell when the adults in his life couldn’t.
It’s heavy. It’s real. It’s about survival, family, and what happens when a child has to grow up too fast.
*TRIGGER WARNING:* This novel contains themes of mental health crisis and childhood trauma.
*WHAT’S NEXT?*
Chapter 2 drops next week.
Subscribe so you don’t miss Melody and Mitchell’s story.
---
*LET'S STAY CONNECTED*
I read every comment. Tell me how Chapter 1 made you feel.
*Follow me for new chapters, books, and updates:*
- *YouTube:* Chelsea Maya Johnson
- *Wattpad:* @Chelsea_Maya_Johnson
- *Instagram:* @chelsea_v_maya
- *TikTok:* @chelsea_v_maya
- *Facebook:* Chelsea Maya
With love,
*Chelsea Maya Victory Johnson*
_Author of "I Told Sunset About You" & "I Promised You The Moon"_
Comments
Post a Comment