Never Give Up: Do What You Love, Even When People Talk By Chelsea Maya Victory Johnson


I need to tell you something today. 

Never give up.

To the boys, the girls, the women, and the men reading this - hear me.  
Do what you want to do to survive. Do what you love. 

Because people will always talk. 

When you’re trying, they’ll say “why are you doing it like that?”  
When you’re quiet, they’ll say “you think you’re better.”  
And if things become bad today? It’s the same people that will turn around and say, “you didn’t work hard enough. You’re too lazy. That’s why you’re struggling.”

So why are we listening to them?

I’ve learned this: *If it’s not hurting anyone, do it. 
As far as I’m not hurting anyone, I will always put myself first. I have to. 
I have to choose me, choose my peace, choose the things that keep me alive. 
And from that place - from a full heart - I can extend that love to people.

Survival isn’t selfish. It’s necessary. 
Chasing what you love isn’t pride. It’s purpose.

Maybe you want to start that small business.  
Maybe you want to go back to school.  
Maybe you want to cut your hair, wear that color, write that book, sing that song.  
Do it. 

People will talk whether you win or you fall. So you might as well fall trying to do something that makes YOU happy.

I’m still learning this too. Some days are hard. Some days I’m tired. 
But I remind myself: I didn’t come this far to quit because of opinions.

So to you reading this: 
Keep going. 
Work hard. 
Love yourself first. 
And then pour that love out to others.

We don’t know what tomorrow will bring. But we do know that quitting guarantees we’ll never see it.

Don’t give up. Do what you love.


With love,
Chelsea Maya Victory Johnson 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Loving My Darkness: Why I Couldn't Walk Away From Judas By Chelsea Maya Johnson

The Life of a Show Boy By: Chelsea Maya Victory Johnson

The Soft Moment - "Good Sin" Vibe By Chelsea Maya Victory Johnson